4/21/11

April 17

This morning was the 23rd annual Trolley Run, benefiting the Children's Center for the Visually Impaired, where Becca works. This is our 4th year to participate and as always, we had a great time. Adam ran 4 miles in 38 minutes, without training, and I finished with a good time as well, especially considering between mile 3 and 4 I was repeatedly picking up blankets and toys that were being thrown out of the stroller.


After the big race, we headed to the kids race across the street. One year olds are allowed to race, so I signed Grayson up for his first race. He had been practicing at home and doing a great job, but once we got in line to run, disaster ensued. I'm not sure why people think it's a great idea to have large mascots jump around in front of a bunch of 1 and 2 year olds. Grayson was TERRIFIED and would not even stand up on the ground. He was glued to me so tight. When they said "go" I peeled him off of me, determined we were not going to let any mascot ruin this race. Then, halfway through the course, he lost a shoe. Needless to say, he finished last, but still got a blue ribbon.

Lesson learned: we are definitely not ready for Disney World.


No comments:

Post a Comment