7/9/11

July 5

A sad death! I never told this story while we were in Korea because I was trying to be as positive as possible about the whole trip, but we lost something. We had just had a wonderful afternoon at Holt Ilsan and stopped for dinner. When I got the stroller to the table, I noticed the backpack (on the back of the stroller) was leaking from the bottom. I opened it up to find that one of our water bottles had come open and spilled inside. And our video camera was floating! I pulled it out and water just poured out of every hole- for several seconds!! There was so much water in the backpack that I had to take it to the bathroom to pour it out in the sink. So, there wasn't much we could do about it at the moment. I finally had the chance to take it into our camera shop, where we bought it, today. I told the guy what had happened and asked if there was any hope. He said there was nothing that could be done. But, he would gladly show me some new video cameras! I also took my warranty/service plan we had purchased. And in true electronic fashion, it had expired 2 weeks before we traveled. So, the guy said, "if you had purchased another year on this plan, I could do something about your camera." Well, amidst the stress and craziness of those last couple of weeks before we traveled, it never crossed my mind that I should extend my service plan on the video camera!!!

Fortunately, we didn't have much on there that we hadn't downloaded, so we have all of our videos of Grayson when we was a baby. So, for now, I'll just have to take video on my still camera and we'll have to decide if we want to invest in another video camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment