11/16/11

November 16

It's that time of year again. Time for Operation Christmas Child. Adam and I started putting together OCC shoeboxes when we got married. We always have fun going shopping and packing one box for each family member.

I hate to say that this year I really struggled with this project. Although it is a fun project, it costs a bit of money to purchase everything and then pay for each box to be shipped. We are so financially strained right now, that anything over and above our bills really has to be thought about. So, I procrastinated because I knew we really couldn't afford this venture this year. But as the deadline (today) got closer and closer, I felt more and more convicted. This is something we have done for the past five years and something that changes lives of little ones across the world. We have learned that when you have a passion for something, God can make it happen in a big way. We were very blessed to be provided with 2 bags full of items to fill the boxes with that were supposed to be packed a week earlier by a different group. We added a few things to these items and were able to pack 6 boxes with all that we had. Talk about the loaves and fishes! We even had a few things left over. I was so excited to see these boxes packed that I am happy to pay for all of them to be shipped. When I thought about who these boxes go to and that the gospel is shared with each child, I realized I cannot turn my back on this. It could be my child that receives one of these boxes. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide any presents for each other or for the boys this year (and that's ok- they have more than they could ever need), but six kids who have much less that our kids will receive a shoebox full of items to restore their hope and will get to hear about Jesus. Now, that's what Christmas is really about.



I challenge you to support Samaritan's Purse and Operation Christmas Child this year

No comments:

Post a Comment