9/29/11

September 27

Several weeks ago, in a moment of desperation, insanity took over my brain, and I acted on it! I booked a flight for just the boys and I to go to TN and the beach to see family. It takes a lot of organization to get my crew ready for any trip, but in this case, I was pretty nervous. So, this is how it's done. One kid in the stroller and one on my back! Lots of bags on the handles and a bit of help recruited to get the bags checked in. Security was much easier than I thought. Everyone was very patient as I have to unload all the bags, remove shoes (which you no longer have to do for kids under 12- hallelujah!), fold up the stroller, and get two mobile ones through the metal detectors. We didn't have any time to spare, which was actually nice, and were able to get everything ready to load the plane and board as soon as we were through security.


The boys did fabulous on the hour-and-a-half flight. We ate snacks, read books, played ipad, and then landed. It was a breeze. The flight was pretty empty so we had our own row and very few people around us to bother. No one cried, had a fit, pooped, or spilled anything major the whole time.


I am aware that I do have to return home, so will just go ahead and plan for a much different trip. If it's as easy as the first flight, I will consider myself very blessed!

After we landed in Nashville, we have a 3 hour drive home. So, we stopped near the halfway point for dinner and some play time. It happened to be kids' night at Chick-Fil-A and the activity for the evening was "decorate a doughnut". Perfect for a long car ride home. Boys hyped up on a doughnut covered in fosting and sprinkles!



No comments:

Post a Comment