12/10/11

Mischief, mischief!!!

So, when I think about an elf these days the first thing that comes to mind is Elf, the movie and Will Ferrell. Hilarious! And now a Christmas classic

I also think about certain qualities that an elf typically possesses (at least in my mind): genuine, caring, hard-working, cheerful, etc, etc. I know not all elves are nice all the time, but I would expect Santa to employ only elves of the highest caliber. That being said, I think about our lovely Shelf. We eagerly welcomed him into our home this year and have allowed him to move about freely, finding the best spots for him to hang out during the day and have let him come and go at night as he pleases. We haven't touched him, just as he wished. But lately, the mischief has gotten a little out of hand. I'm beginning to wonder if we got a bad elf. Maybe one that had a rough background and Santa is allowing him to have this job in order for him to straighten up. Who knows. I just know that he is up to no good at our house.

So, you may recall that on Monday, Shelf got tangled up in the toilet paper upon returning to our house that morning. Grayson went to potty Monday morning, saw Shelf sitting there and hasn't gone since. Not just not gone in the potty; refused to even try! A huge step backwards for him since he had been doing so well.

On Tuesday, Shelf sat in our Christmas tree. The next day we noticed that all of our lights around the middle of the tree (where he was sitting) no longer work. I thought we would just need to find the burned out light and replace it, so I looked at the box for extra lightbulbs. Nope! The box says that if one bulb burns out, the rest of the strand will still work. Not in our case. Looks like we will have to purchase a new set of lights and work them back into the tree. Shelf!!!

Oh, he's not done yet!

On Friday, Shelf hopped in the car to go riding with us. And when I finished at work, I went out and noticed I had my first flat tire ever!!!!!! SHELF!!!!!!!!! Not just a tire low on air. COMPLETELY flat. With a nail in it! Had to call roadside assistance and cancel seeing a kid to get it fixed.

I know our elf has magic powers that enable him to fly back to Santa every night to report on the day at our house, but I think he may be using his magic in inappropriate ways. So Shelf, I just have to say, I've got my eye on you. And you better not push me over the edge and make me do anything or say something that would get me added to the naughty list!

14 days and counting! Will we endure?

No comments:

Post a Comment