2/12/13

February 10

I got my bake on this afternoon! This rarely ever happens anymore. Neylan can't eat many desserts that are homemade and my hips can't handle the temptation. So, I just don't make desserts anymore. But, today I was given the task of helping host a Valentine's Day party for Grayson's Cubbies class. My job was to bake the cookies
 


Now, don't judge or laugh, but I honestly think this might be the first time I've ever made sugar cookies from scratch. And this was only because I forgot to buy dough earlier this week! Personally I don't like sugar cookies. Let's face it. For me, a cookie NEEDS chocolate of some sort! So, sugar cookies just don't cut it for me. They are bland and boring!!
 

 
After all the work, I have to say I'm pretty impressed. They turned out really well

 
And Grayson and his friends had a blast decorating them. Although, when you turn a bunch of 3, 4, and 5 year olds loose with icing, sprinkles, and M &Ms, the cookie gets decorated so much that nobody wants to eat it! That happened a lot tonight. Grayson ate his though. That's my boy. Never turning down dessert!


No comments:

Post a Comment